As my favourite social platform I thought I would share 10 of my favourite hashtags on Instagram at the moment which connect me to some lovely communities of fellow creatives.
So when I started on Instagram I didn’t know what a hashtag was or how to use 1 & I spent ages wondering why no-one liked my pictures… sad times. It wasn’t till someone enlightened me on the world of the hashtag & I started using them that my pictures got seen by others & my love affair with the platform began.
“a word or phrase preceded by a hash sign (#), used on social media sites such as Twitter to identify messages on a specific topic”
Hashtags allow users to search for pictures they might be interested in but also have become vehicles to build communities & I thought it might be useful to share a few of my current favourites of these in case there are some you haven’t come across yet.
– #rmstuesdaytreats – run by @rockmystyleblog which is a sister blog to Rock My Wedding & encourages users to share their treats on a Tuesday. It’s a fairly small community at the moment which means there is more chance of your pic getting noticed & is a varied feed to check out.
– #floralfridaycompetition – no surprises that this is a favourite of mine & I often share each week. Run by the lovely @emilyquinton everyone shares a floral image using the hashtag & she then picks her favourites to share & boy is it a beautiful feed to have a gander at! I’m super excited to have won a place on Emily’s ‘Beautify Your Instagram Course’ too so expect to see my feed get beautiful, fingers crossed…
Photo credit: Emily Quinton
– #wipsandblooms – the lovely Kate from @aplayfulday & Katie from @ceramicmagpie created this hashtag to encourage people to share images of what they are working on along with some plant life. I love sharing pics for this 1 when I remember to get a plant in there! Barry my burrito succulent regularly features & I feel maybe needs his very own hashtag…
– #myhandsmaking – another of my favourites to join in with when I manage to get the phone set up to take them. Fran from @fallforDIY encourages creatives to share images of them in action & has written a really useful blog post to advise how best to do it here.
– #91magazine_stylingwithscissors – if you’re anything like me & have an unhealthy habit of collecting pairs of scissors – it’s a thing right?! – @91magazine have created a hashtag to share those styled pics including a pair or 2 or 3…
– #fashionaflower – the lovely @georgiestclair curates this hashtag which is for anyone who works with flowers in any form, pretty obvious why I like this 1. Also having worked with Georgie on a beautiful collaborative project I’m a big supporter… can you spot my purple flowers…?
Photo credit: Georgie St Clair
– #abmplantlady – I’m sure you’re aware of the @abeautifulmess hashtags by now but with the recent botanical trends this 1 has recently come to my attention & is 1 of my fav’s at the moment as they actually featured 1 of my pics… not excited about it at all…
– #freestylecreativeliving – @allison_sadler_ is 1 of my favourite people to follow on Instagram. Kind, funny, inspirational & with the most beautiful home I’ve loved following Allison for a while now & I’m loving her new hashtag. It’s a development from her previous tag #makeitsewcial & gives everyone the ‘freedom to create the life you love, your way’. She gives great hugs too which I was lucky enough to find out at Blogtacular recently!
Photo credit: Allison Sadler
– #smallsolace – is brand new from Emma at @silverpebble2 encouraging us to forget the difficult times we are facing in life right now & “share the small aspects of life that bring cheer” & I look forward to seeing what others share.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this little round-up of some of my fav hashtags & I’d love to know which you love too so I can find some newbies so do let me know here or over on Instagram.
Have a great weekend!